^

Cebu News

1.3 kilos of drugs seized in separate operations

Mylen P. Manto - The Freeman

CEBU, Philippines - Close to P2 million worth of shabu were confiscated in separate anti-drugs operations resulting in the arrest of three suspected drug pushers in the past two days.

An estimated 1.2 kilos of shabu with P1.68 million street value was seized by the agents of Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA-7) from Jovannie Llego, 26, during a buy-bust operation in Barangay Carreta Wednesday evening.

Operatives of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group-Cebu Province also scored in the campaign against illegal drugs with the arrest of Adrian Debutak and Ernie Barro in Barangay Kawit, Medellin yesterday morning. A total of 100 grams of shabu with estimated street value amounting to P300,000 were seized from them.

PDEA-7 information officer Leia Albiar said Llego had been placed under surveillance for one month before he was finally arrested at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday.

Albiar said anti-narcotics operatives were able to arrange a transaction with Llego for a purchase of 1.2 kilos of shabu with an agreed amount of P1.4 million. PDEA agents used wad of cut papers as buy-bust money.   

"Among gipalit ang shabu as wholesale price," Albiar told The FREEMAN in an interview.

 According to Albiar, the suspect serves as trade partner of Eljun Arcilla, a known drug personality now serving sentence at the New Bilibid Prison.

"Llego and Arcilla were partners. Maghimo mi'g special report ani. Amo ni ipada sa headquarters," Albiar said.

 Albiar said it was Arcilla who referred them to Llego when they made the transaction.

Llego is now detained at the PDEA-7 headquarters pending the filing of criminal complaints against him.

He will be charged for violation of Sections 5 (illegal selling of dangerous drugs) and 11 (illegal possession of dangerous drugs), Article II of Republic Act 9165 otherwise known as Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.

Meanwhile, CIDG-Cebu Province operatives also arrested Debutak and Barro for possession of illegal drugs. Senior Inspector Maximo Sumeg-ang Jr., chief of CIDG-Cebu Province, said a certain Jerry Barro was the target of the buy-bust operation.

Jerry was able to elude arrest after shooting it out with the police operatives. Sumeg-ang believes Jerry was wounded in the shootout because of the traces of blood in the area. Nevertheless, his cohorts were arrested and yielded several packs of shabu.  (FREEMAN)

 

 

Philstar
  • Latest
Latest
Latest
abtest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with