^
+ Follow DIRECTOR GENERAL LEANDRO MENDOZA Tag
DIRECTOR GENERAL LEANDRO MENDOZA
Array
(
    [results] => Array
        (
            [0] => Array
                (
                    [ArticleID] => 217504
                    [Title] => Gov’t has nothing on me in Kuratong case — Lacson
                    [Summary] => Presidential aspirant Sen. Panfilo Lacson told the Supreme Court recently that the government never had evidence to pin him down on the Kuratong Baleleng rubout case, but would like to revive it at this time for political purposes.


Lacson said yesterday that he will detail in a privilege speech on Monday how First Gentleman Jose Miguel Arroyo "actively participated in most of the efforts to do me in through substantial fabrication and vilification."
[DatePublished] => 2003-08-17 00:00:00 [ColumnID] => 133272 [Focus] => 0 [AuthorID] => 1804901 [AuthorName] => Aurea Calica [SectionName] => Headlines [SectionUrl] => headlines [URL] => ) [1] => Array ( [ArticleID] => 210948 [Title] => Mancao dropped from PNP [Summary] => President Arroyo has dismissed Senior Superintendent Cesar Mancao II, a protégé of opposition Sen. Panfilo Lacson, from the ranks of the Philippine National Police (PNP) for serious neglection of duty.

Mancao has been absent without official leave (AWOL) from the PNP since former President Joseph Estrada was ousted in January 2001.
[DatePublished] => 2003-06-21 00:00:00 [ColumnID] => 133272 [Focus] => 0 [AuthorID] => [AuthorName] => [SectionName] => Headlines [SectionUrl] => headlines [URL] => ) [2] => Array ( [ArticleID] => 202290 [Title] => CPD chief earns first star [Summary] => Central Police District director Senior Superintendent Napoleon Castro was promoted to chief superintendent yesterday in simple ceremonies at the Philippine National Police (PNP) headquarters at Camp Crame.

PNP Deputy Director General for operations Virtus Gil, assisted by Metro police chief Deputy Director General Reynaldo Velasco, pinned the star on Castro, who was joined by members of his family

Castro, a member of the Philippine Military Academy Class of 1972, had been assigned to various CPD posts before being designatas director last year.
[DatePublished] => 2003-04-11 00:00:00 [ColumnID] => 133272 [Focus] => 0 [AuthorID] => [AuthorName] => [SectionName] => Metro [SectionUrl] => metro [URL] => ) [3] => Array ( [ArticleID] => 167408 [Title] => GMA to Ebdane: Disband NAKTAF [Summary] => Showing him who’s the boss, President Arroyo lightly rebuked newly installed Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Hermogenes Ebdane Jr. yesterday for defying her order to dismantle the National Anti-Kidnapping Task Force (NAKTAF).

"I have to be authoritative and see to it that my orders are followed," the President said.

Mrs. Arroyo, in a telephone conversation with Ebdane, stressed that her order for the abolition of the NAKTAF stays.

The President , however, said Ebdane can form another task force.
[DatePublished] => 2002-07-07 00:00:00 [ColumnID] => 133272 [Focus] => 0 [AuthorID] => 1804833 [AuthorName] => Marichu A. Villanueva [SectionName] => Headlines [SectionUrl] => headlines [URL] => ) [4] => Array ( [ArticleID] => 166861 [Title] => Explain Jinggoy ‘drinking party,’ cops, doctors told [Summary] => The Sandiganbayan ordered yesterday Philipine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Leandro Mendoza and the custodian of jailed former President Joseph Estrada and his son Jinggoy to explain why they allegedly allowed the young Estrada to hold a "drinking party" at the Makati Medical Center (MMC) last month.

Associate Justice Minita Chico-Nazario, chairperson of the Sandiganbayan special division, summoned Chief Superintendent Rosalio Magsino, custodian of the Estradas and director of the Police Security and Protection Office (PSPO) in Camp Crame, Quezon City. [DatePublished] => 2002-07-03 00:00:00 [ColumnID] => 133272 [Focus] => 0 [AuthorID] => [AuthorName] => [SectionName] => Metro [SectionUrl] => metro [URL] => ) [5] => Array ( [ArticleID] => 166967 [Title] => Explain Jinggoy ‘drinking party,’ cops, doctors told [Summary] => The Sandiganbayan ordered yesterday Philipine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Leandro Mendoza and the custodian of jailed former President Joseph Estrada and his son Jinggoy to explain why they allegedly allowed the young Estrada to hold a "drinking party" at the Makati Medical Center (MMC) last month.

Associate Justice Minita Chico-Nazario, chairperson of the Sandiganbayan special division, summoned Chief Superintendent Rosalio Magsino, custodian of the Estradas and director of the Police Security and Protection Office (PSPO) in Camp Crame, Quezon City. [DatePublished] => 2002-07-03 00:00:00 [ColumnID] => 133272 [Focus] => 0 [AuthorID] => [AuthorName] => [SectionName] => Metro [SectionUrl] => metro [URL] => ) [6] => Array ( [ArticleID] => 166042 [Title] => Mendoza gets support from mistahs [Summary] => The board of directors of the Philippine Military Academy Alumni Association Inc. (PMAAAI) has expressed full support for the appointment of Philippine National Police chief Director General Leandro Mendoza as secretary of the Department of Transportation and Communications.

In a resolution dated June 19, the PMAAAI described Mendoza as a "highly qualified, very competent and capable officer who has ably demonstrated his outstanding leadership, management expertise and high sense of professionalism."
[DatePublished] => 2002-06-26 00:00:00 [ColumnID] => 133272 [Focus] => 0 [AuthorID] => [AuthorName] => [SectionName] => Nation [SectionUrl] => nation [URL] => ) [7] => Array ( [ArticleID] => 165905 [Title] => Escape from Crame: 2 cops sacked [Summary] => Heads have started to roll following the escape of Pentagon gang leader Faisal Marohombsar and two other kidnapping suspects from Camp Crame last week.

The Philippine National Police (PNP) said yesterday two jail guards were dismissed, two senior police officers suspended and 24 other guards shipped to a hardship post in the Cordilleras for negligence of duty.
[DatePublished] => 2002-06-25 00:00:00 [ColumnID] => 133272 [Focus] => 0 [AuthorID] => 1096615 [AuthorName] => Christina Mendez [SectionName] => Headlines [SectionUrl] => headlines [URL] => ) [8] => Array ( [ArticleID] => 165958 [Title] => P.7-M reward vs Marohombsar, 2 galamay [Summary] => Nagpalabas na ng tinatayang P.7 milyong pabuya ang Philippine National Police (PNP) para sa sinumang makakapagturo sa lider ng Pentagon kidnap-for-ransom group na si Faisal Marohombsar at dalawa nitong tauhan na pumuga kamakailan sa kanilang piitan sa Camp Crame.

Inihayag ni PNP chief Director General Leandro Mendoza na P500,000 dito ay nakalaan sa ulo ni Marohombsar, habang tig-P100,000 naman para sa ikadarakip nina Abdul Macaumbang at Rolando Patino.
[DatePublished] => 2002-06-25 00:00:00 [ColumnID] => 133272 [Focus] => 0 [AuthorID] => [AuthorName] => [SectionName] => PSN Metro [SectionUrl] => metro [URL] => ) [9] => Array ( [ArticleID] => 165782 [Title] => Palace stands firm: No Cabinet revamp [Summary] => Backtracking from its previous pronouncements, Malacañang announced yesterday there would be no Cabinet revamp despite reports of "flunkers" in the ratings given by the Presidential Management Staff (PMS) to department heads.

Acting Press Secretary Silvestre Afable said President Arroyo has full confidence in her Cabinet members and denied reports that some officials would be sacked over their reported failure to meet targets set in her first State of the Nation Address in July last year.
[DatePublished] => 2002-06-24 00:00:00 [ColumnID] => 133272 [Focus] => 0 [AuthorID] => 1805432 [AuthorName] => Paolo Romero [SectionName] => Headlines [SectionUrl] => headlines [URL] => ) ) )
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with