Valenzuela offers P.6 million reward for rob-slay suspects’ arrest
Ralph Edwin Villanueva (The Philippine Star) - October 21, 2020 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines — The city government of Valenzuela yesterday offered a total of P600,000 as reward for the capture of two men accused of robbing and killing a company messenger earlier this month.

Rico Reyes and Narciso Santiago have been charged with murder, robbery and car theft in connection with the killing of Luigi Hernando, city police chief Col. Fernando Ortega said during a National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) briefing yesterday.

Hernando was shot dead on Oct. 9 by motorcycle-riding assailants who took his bag and motorcycle as they escaped.

Ortega said they were able to get the testimonies of seven witnesses, one of whom identified Santiago as having “a distinct face and was only wearing a mask covering his lips.”

The suspects’ images were also caught on closed-circuit television footages of the incident, he added.

Ortega said the killing was “premeditated” and the robbery was just a “bonus.”

He said they have launched a manhunt for two more suspects.

VALENZUELA
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with