3 recover from COVID in Cagayan Valley
Raymund Catindig (The Philippine Star) - April 8, 2020 - 12:00am

TUGUEGARAO CITY, Cagayan, Philippines — Three more persons infected with the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Cagayan Valley have recovered and were discharged from hospitals yesterday.

A director of a national government office, a native of this city based in Metro Manila, and an employee of the Department of Health (DOH) were discharged from the Cagayan Valley Medical Center (CVMC).

A 23-year-old student was also cleared of the flu virus at the Southern Isabela Medical Center in Santiago City.

A 21-year-old male who recently traveled to Manila and had exposure with the DOH  employee was admitted to a hospital yesterday.

The CVMC had earlier said a 55-year-old woman who had contact with Mayor Carmelo Villacete of Piat, Cagayan was hospitalized.

Villacete, who tested positive for the flu virus last week, tested negative twice on Saturday.

Fifteen of the 23 COVID-19 patients in Cagayan Valley have recovered.

In Bulacan, the first confirmed case – a 58-year-old woman from San Jose del Monte City – was discharged from the Jose Rodriguez Memorial Hospital on Monday, according to city information officer Ronald Soriano.

Thirty-nine persons were infected with COVID-19 in Bulacan. Twelve patients died.

Zambales recorded its fourth case, a 23-year-old nurse who was admitted at the James L. Gordon Memorial Hospital on Wednesday last week.

There are six COVID-19 cases, including one death, 284 persons under investigation (PUI) and 13,841 persons under monitoring in Zambales.

Angeles City in Pampanga recorded its second confirmed case.

Local transmission in Eastern Visayas

Meanwhile, the DOH-Eastern Visayas office recorded two new cases in Tarangnan, Samar, bringing the total number of cases in the region to four.

The two new patients, two women aged 56 and 32, were found to have contact with an infected person in Calbayog City.

DOH regional director Minerva Molon confirmed a local transmission of the disease. She urged concerned local chief executives to enforce an enhanced community quarantine to prevent the spread of the virus.

Meanwhile, the DOH regional office clarified that a 51-year-old PUI at the Eastern Visayas Regional Medical Center who died last week was not infected with COVID-19.

Molon said the patient’s test result arrived from Cebu City on Monday night. – With Bebot Sison, Ric Sapnu, Miriam Desacada, Ramon Efren Lazaro

COVID-19 RECOVERED
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with