Bloodless drug war: 12 nabbed in Quezon City, Navotas
Marc Jayson Cayabyab, Romina Cabrera (The Philippine Star) - November 18, 2019 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines —The campaign against illegal drugs in Metro Manila has remained bloodless since Vice President Leni Robredo accepted President Duterte’s offer to lead the anti-drug body.

On Nov. 6, Robredo agreed to be co-chairperson of the Inter-Agency Committee on Anti-Illegal Drugs in a bid to stop drug-related killings.

So far, no drug suspects have been killed in Metro Manila.

In Quezon City, nine persons were arrested by police in separate anti-narcotics operation in the past two days.

Mario Lacap, 61; Flordeliza Dimaano, 54, and Peejay de la Cruz, 39, allegedly sold P4,500 worth of shabu to policemen who posed as buyers at the Balintawak overpass in Barangay Unang Sigaw.

Police said they confiscated from the suspects 10 packs of shabu valued at P204,000, drug paraphernalia and the marked money.

Probers said Lacap and Dimaano were previously arrested on drug charges.

Six other drug suspects were apprehended in Barangays Salvacion, Project 6 and Payatas. 

In Navotas City, three persons were arrested for alleged possession of around P1.5 million worth of shabu.

Warly Romay, Edmundo Quijano and Roxanne Jimenez allegedly yielded 42 sachets of shabu during a sting in Barangay Tangos North.

A fourth suspect, Romeo Limbaro Jr., eluded arrest.

Police said they recovered 78 more sachets of shabu from the suspects.

LENI ROBREDO
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with