Quezon City water supply cutoff moved earlier
Rhodina Villanueva (The Philippine Star) - May 22, 2019 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines — The service interruption scheduled in 20 barangays in Quezon City on Friday night has been adjusted to an earlier time, the Manila Water Co. Inc. said yesterday.

Instead of the previously announced water interruption starting at 11 p.m., it has been moved to 8 p.m. on Friday until 6 a.m. the following day.

Jeric Sevilla, Manila Water’s corporate communications head, said the firm will relocate a major pipeline at the corner of Elliptical Road and North Avenue to make way for the construction of the Metro Rail Transit Line 7.

The complex nature of the activity is the reason he cited for the earlier schedule.

The affected barangays are Ramon Magsaysay, Alicia, Santo Cristo, Bagong Pag-asa, Old Capitol Site, Vasra, Project 6, Culiat, New Era, Bahay Toro, Tandang Sora and Pasong Tamo.

Central, Malaya, Pinyahan, Sikatuna  Village, San Vicente, Teachers Village East, Teachers Village West and UP Village will also be affected by the water interruption schedule.

MANILA WATER CO. INC. WATER CRISIS
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with