Duterte gives narco list to US government
Christina Mendez (The Philippine Star) - February 24, 2018 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines — Despite a US intelligence agency’s tag that he is a “democracy threat,” President Duterte has provided the US government a copy of the list of personalities included in his war against drugs.

Duterte made the revelation on Thursday after he was quizzed on the update regarding his narco list, which included dismissed Iloilo mayor Jed Mabilog, whose involvement in the illicit trade was mentioned several times at the height of the campaign.

“During the early days of the drug war, his name was there,” Duterte said, referring to Mabilog who left the country last year and has not returned since. He was among local executives whose actions were closely being watched by the President.

“And America turned a blind eye. They have the list because I ordered that they be given a copy of it,” he added.

The President also took potshots at the US for calling him out for the alleged human rights violations in the course of the anti-drug war, saying the US is also engaged in killings. 

“They knew the seriousness of the problem. When Tokhang started, it was only to knock on doors… violation of human rights. But look at America now, they are killing their own citizens. They followed suit,” Duterte said, referring to the Philippine National Police’s Oplan Tokhang, which led to the deaths of at least 4,000 suspected drug pushers and users. – Emmanuel Tupas

ILLEGAL DRUGS RODRIGO DUTERTE
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with