2 days after P7M drug bust P6M shabu seized
Bryner L. Diaz and Decemay Padilla of BANAT NEWS (The Freeman) - March 3, 2015 - 12:00am

CEBU, Philippines- Another suspected bigtime drug pusher in Cebu City was arrested by the police in a buy-bust operation, this time with P6 million worth of shabu.

Marilou Sabello, 54, was arrested yesterday afternoon in Sitio Mangga, Barangay Mambaling by City Intelligence Branch operatives and agents of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency.

Past 5 p.m. yesterday a poseur-buyer bought shabu worth P5,000 from Sabello and after she handed over the pack of shabu, CIB and PDEA personnel arrested her.

The law enforcers later confiscated a half-kilo pack, two medium packs and 42 small packs of suspected shabu, a .38 cal. revolver and P3,000 in suspected drug money from her house. Some shabu still in crystal form were also found.

Sabello, a mother of five, said that she has been selling drugs for six months now to provide for her family, but Superintendent Romeo Santander, CIB chief, believes that she has been in the business over a year now.

Santander said that the operation came after the arrest of a suspected drug pusher in Barangay Duljo-Fatima Saturday morning.

Emelyn Dingal was arrested by CIB personnel and Mambaling policemen past 1 a.m. last Saturday. They believe that Dingal’s and Sabello’s supplier are the same.

Santander added Sabello can sell at least 500 grams up to a kilo of shabu each week.

Bigger target

Meanwhile, the former police errand boy arrested last Friday with P7 million worth of shabu works for a man that the police consider a big target.

Police Regional Office 7 Director Chief Superintendent Prudencio Tom Bañas said that Jonathan Cañada, 40, of Tres de Abril Street, Barangay Labangon, Cebu City, is only one of the target’s underlings.

“Isa siya sa mga tawo na nagre-report sa malaking target natin. Ang mga malalaking target they don’t handle the dirt any longer, ito ‘yung utos-utosan nila,” Bañas said, adding that the target’s area of distribution is in northern Cebu.

The Civil Security Group identification card recovered from the suspect can no longer link him to the police as the CSG was disbanded a long time ago.

“Nakuhaan siya og ID sa CSG pero dugay na na-disband, katong karaan nga White Gold. Wala naman siyang link so far sa kapolisan,” he said.

He also issued a stern warning to policemen involved in illegal activities to stop and change their ways.

“Sa kapolisan na might have been involved previously in the distribution and protection, you have to stop, and ample time has been given to you, change your ways,” he said.

“If you love your work, if you love your family, if you love this country, you took an oath of allegiance na you will be a law enforcer, it’s high time you change your ways,” he added.

He added that they already have a list of policemen suspected to be connected to illegal drugs. —/BRP (FREEMAN)

ABRIL STREET BARANGAY DULJO-FATIMA SATURDAY BARANGAY LABANGON BARANGAY MAMBALING CEBU CITY CITY INTELLIGENCE BRANCH CIVIL SECURITY GROUP DIRECTOR CHIEF SUPERINTENDENT PRUDENCIO TOM BA SABELLO
  • Latest
Latest
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with