^

Nation

Retired teacher dies in fire

Raymund Catindig - The Philippine Star

TUGUEGARAO, Philippines — A retired teacher died after she was trapped in a fire that destroyed her house in Santiago City, Isabela on Sunday.

Authorities said the blaze occurred at around 8 p.m. and was caused by an unattended kerosene lamp in the house of Nelda Tubay in Barangay Calaocan.

Relatives told Fire Officer 2 William Peralta that Tubay was living alone and refused to have electricity installed in her property.

The fire quickly spread as the house was made of light materials.

DIED

TEACHER

Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Recommended
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with