^
Quezon City revises lockdown age restrictions to 18-65
Only residents aged 18 to 65 are allowed to go out provided they have valid identification cards, Mayor Joy Belmonte said in statement yesterday.
Miguel De Guzman

Quezon City revises lockdown age restrictions to 18-65

Neil Jayson Servallos (The Philippine Star) - December 7, 2020 - 12:00am

QUEZON CITY, Philippines — The Quezon City government has revised its general community quarantine (GCQ) age restrictions to 18 to 65 from the previous 15 to 65 as a precaution against COVID-19 during the Christmas season.

Only residents aged 18 to 65 are allowed to go out provided they have valid identification cards, Mayor Joy Belmonte said in statement yesterday.

Under the city’s revised GCQ guidelines, people outside the age bracket are prohibited outdoors, except for essential travel such as buying supplies and medical and dental appointments. Those below 18 should be accompanied by a parent or an adult guardian.

“For most of us, especially families with children, we have to forgo our Christmas traditions such as travelling and eating out together. But in exchange, this will give us peace of mind as we will remain safe and COVID-free,” Belmonte said.

The parent or guardian must supervise minors in observing health protocols such as wearing of face masks, shields, regular handwashing and physical distancing, Belmonte said.

Last week, Metro Manila mayors unanimously voted against allowing people aged 17 and below to enter shopping malls while the National Capital Region remains under GCQ.

The city government also said Christmas traditions such as Simbang Gabi or dawn masses and community fireworks displays would still push through in accordance with strict health protocols.

Churches must maintain the 30-percent capacity during the mass and minimum health standards must be strictly followed.

The local government added that fireworks displays would be allowed only in designated areas, including the Quezon Memorial Circle and Eastwood and should be livestreamed for those opting to stay at home.

The city government has banned street caroling to further minimize the transmission of COVID-19, especially among the youth.

GCQ
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with