Bataan to impose ‘no QR code, no entry’ policy
Raymund Catindig, Ric Sapnu (The Philippine Star) - September 20, 2020 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines — Starting Oct. 1, only those with quick response or QR code will be allowed to enter Bataan.

Gov. Albert Garcia said the provincial inter-agency task force has passed a resolution on the use of the QR code to prevent a surge of coronavirus disease 2019 or COVID-19  cases in the province.

“This is to monitor those entering the province and maintain the safety not only of authorized persons outside residence, returning overseas Filipino workers and locally stranded individuals but also their families,” Garcia said.

He said a QR code could be created using the Get Pass mobile phone application.

To those who have no smart phone, the QR code can be accessed through the website www.getpass.com.

The QR code will be effective for 15 days for those who travel to Bataan on a daily basis.

Garcia said the QR code would help authorities in contact tracing.

5 infected by partygoers

Meanwhile, in Cagayan, five persons, including a pregnant woman, who were exposed to those who were infected after attending a party in Tuguegarao City last week tested positive for the virus yesterday.

Authorities said a barangay official hosted the party even though he was exposed to his brother who died of complications from the disease. The wife, sister and nephew of the fatality were also infected.

Eight other people, who attended the party, mostly drinking mates of the village official, had earlier tested positive for COVID-19.

BATAAN QR
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with