Most of the establishments are found along Quirino Avenue, where restaurants catering to Chinese workers of the Philippine Offshore Gaming Operators are located.
Philstar.com/File
Chinese establishments in Parañaque padlocked
Ghio Ong (The Philippine Star) - June 27, 2019 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines — The city government of Parañaque has ordered the closure of at least 18 restaurants and other business establishments reportedly owned or managed by Chinese for operating without business permits and violating local ordinances.

Most of the establishments are found along Quirino Avenue, where restaurants catering to Chinese workers of the Philippine Offshore Gaming Operators are located.

Ordered padlocked in Barangays Baclaran and Sto. Niño were Wu Pinna Restaurant, Tuixianglo Restaurant, Sunshine Mart, All Thing Supermarket, Juzi Mart, Shabu-Shabu Restaurant, Abner and Angels Food House and Yaki-Yaki Homemade Dish.

Also shutdown in Barangay Tramo were Dao Dao Chinese Restaurant, Chinli Eatery, Cravemouth and Shaxian Food Pub.

The city hall also received complaints from residents that oil from the kitchen of Dao Dao spilled along Quirino Avenue.

According to Melanie Soriano-Malaya, chief of the city business permits and licensing office, the establishments were found to be violating the city’s sanitation and environment codes.

Malaya said the establishments were padlocked on orders of Mayor Edwin Olivarez following reports that restaurants accomodating only Chinese customers had sprouted in the city.

They also violated the city’s ordinance requiring business establishments with foreign signs to provide an English translation.

Malaya said the Chinese establishments used Filipino dummies.

Last month, the Las Piñas City government closed the China Food Park in Barangay Almanza Dos due to lack of business and sanitation permits.

Bomb hurled at Chinese resto

In Pasay City, an unidentified man hurled a grenade at a Chinese restaurant before dawn yesterday.

Police said an MK-2 hand grenade was hurled in front of the Rong Hui Chinese restaurant along Arnaiz street in Barangay 32 at around 2:18 a.m. It did not explode.

Police said they rushed to the scene after receiving a call from the restaurant’s management.

Members of the city police bomb disposal unit defused the explosive.

PARAñAQUE CITY GOVERNMENT
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with