Dengue kills one more in Bulacan
Ramon Efren Lazaro (The Philippine Star) - September 29, 2015 - 10:00am

MALOLOS, Philippines – Another dengue patient has died in Bulacan, bringing to 11 the number of deaths in the province this year caused by the mosquito-borne disease, an official said yesterday.

Provincial health officer Joy Gomez said a six-year-old girl from Barangay Longos died at the Ofelia Mendoza Hospital on Saturday.

Dengue has killed four persons in the town of San Rafael, two in this city, and one each in San Jose del Monte City, Pulilan, Norzagaray, Guiguinto and Angat.

The cases continue to rise, as records at the epidemiology and surveillance unit of the provincial health office showed at least 4,000 people were afflicted by the disease as of Sept. 19.

The regional epidemiology and surveillance unit of the Department of Health in Central Luzon recorded 15,241 dengue cases as of the same day.

The figure is 141 percent higher compared to last year with 6,326.

Bulacan registered the highest number of cases with 4,354, followed by Tarlac with 3,689; Pampanga, 3,252; Nueva Ecija, 1,820; Zambales, 954; Bataan, 757, and Aurora, 415.

BARANGAY LONGOS BULACAN CENTRAL LUZON DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH GUIGUINTO AND ANGAT JOY GOMEZ MONTE CITY NUEVA ECIJA OFELIA MENDOZA HOSPITAL SAN JOSE SAN RAFAEL
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with