DOH: Boy’s death not due to deworming tablet
Sheila Crisostomo (The Philippine Star) - August 4, 2015 - 10:00am

MANILA, Philippines - The Department of Health (DOH) yesterday belied reports that an eight-year-old boy from Puerto Princesa City in Palawan died after taking  a deworming tablet last week.

Authorities said the boy showed symptoms of a ruptured appendicitis.

DOH-Region 4-B director Eduardo Janairo said the boy did not undergo the agency’s mass deworming program at the Sta. Monica Elementary School on July 29.

Janairo said the boy underwent deworming on July 3 or during the regular deworming program of the DOH in schools.

The boy had complained of “on and off” abdominal pain, constipation and vomiting, indicating he was suffering from appendicitis.

ACIRC APPENDICITIS BOY DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH DEWORMING DOH EDUARDO JANAIRO JANAIRO MIMAROPA MONICA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PALAWAN PUERTO PRINCESA CITY
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with