Health official denies death in deworming program
Roel Pareño (The Philippine Star) - August 3, 2015 - 10:00am

ZAMBOANGA CITY, Philippines  – An official of this city’s health office yesterday denied reports that a student died after taking a deworming tablet last week.

City health officer Rodelyn Agbulos said that of the 29 students who were brought to different hospitals for treatment, only one was admitted.

Agbulos said based on what she heard from Health Secretary Janet Garin, the DOH chief could be referring to a case in Zamboanga del Sur.

“The case was not related to the deworming, but more of a heart problem,” she said.

Ruby Constantino, assistant director of DOH-Region 9, also denied reports that someone from the region died in the deworming program.

The project was part of a nationwide deworming program implemented by the government last week.

 

ACIRC AGBULOS CASE CITY DENIED DEWORMING HEALTH HEALTH SECRETARY JANET GARIN RODELYN AGBULOS RUBY CONSTANTINO ZAMBOANGA
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with