Manhunt on for Florida bus driver in 2014 mishap
Raymund Catindig (The Philippine Star) - February 4, 2015 - 12:00am

TUGUEGARAO CITY, Philippines – Police have launched a manhunt for the driver of a G.V. Florida Transport Co. bus that figured in last year’s accident in Bontoc, Mountain Province, for failing to apply for probation on his sentence, an official said Monday.

Edgar Renon will be compelled to serve his sentence of two to six years’ imprisonment, which was handed down by Judge Luis Daoen, said Mountain Province police director Senior Superintendent Oliver Enmodias.

Renon posted P50,000 bail a week after the accident, which left 15 persons dead.

The driver was also meted with a 30-day imprisonment for each of the 29 counts of serious physical injury.

Enmodias said the owners of the bus company were ordered to pay the victims’ relatives P50,000 each.

The company is also facing separate civil suits filed by the victims’ relatives.

ACCIDENT BONTOC BUS EDGAR RENON ENMODIAS FLORIDA TRANSPORT CO JUDGE LUIS DAOEN MOUNTAIN PROVINCE RENON SENIOR SUPERINTENDENT OLIVER ENMODIAS
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with