^

Nation

Toddler dies in fire

Ed Amoroso - The Philippine Star

CAMP VICENTE LIM, Laguna, Philippines – A two-year-old girl died in a fire that razed their home in Tanauan City, Batangas, Saturday night.

Rea Jean Petargue was trapped in their burning house. Her mother Jennalyn was able to rescue her sister, Sophia Angela, 3, said Superintendent Christopher Olazo, city police chief.

Jennalyn and her children were asleep when the fire broke out at around 7 p.m.

Olazo said a kerosene lamp fell from the altar and started the blaze.

ALTAR

ANGELA

BATANGAS

CITY

FIRE

JENNALYN

OLAZO

REA JEAN PETARGUE

SOPHIA ANGELA

SUPERINTENDENT CHRISTOPHER OLAZO

TANAUAN CITY

  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with