Bukidnon Army commander sacked
Alexis Romero (The Philippine Star) - February 25, 2013 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines - The Army brigade commander in Bukidnon has been relieved from his post following the attack of communist rebels on the Del Monte and Dole plantations last week.

Lt. Col. Eugenio Osias IV, spokesman of the Army’s 4th Infantry Division, said Col. James Jacob, chief of the 403rd Infantry Brigade, was relieved last Friday to allow him to face an inquiry into the attacks.

The relief was also due to the principle of command responsibility, which makes a military leader accountable for the acts of his troops, Osias said.

Jacob was replaced by Col. Francisco Pabayo, current civil-military operations chief of the Army.

ARMY BRIGADE BUKIDNON COL DEL MONTE AND DOLE EUGENIO OSIAS FRANCISCO PABAYO INFANTRY BRIGADE INFANTRY DIVISION JAMES JACOB OSIAS
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with