^

Nation

Cagayan fire probe team to finish job by Jan. 4

- Charlie Lagasca -

BAYOMBONG, Nueva Vizcaya, Philippines – The Department of Justice-led task force investigating the cause of last month’s fire in a Tuguegarao City hotel that killed 16 people, including 10 male nursing graduates, has until Jan. 4 to submit its findings.

Task force member Superintendent Pedro Martirez, Tuguegarao City police chief, yesterday said they have until Tuesday to wrap up their probe on who was responsible for the tragedy at the Bed and Breakfast Pension House and recommend sanctions or penalties against those found liable.

“We are still in the process of wrapping up our investigation. We cannot yet disclose who are possibly responsible for the incident, but we may be soon recommending to the DOJ the filing of cases against those found liable for it,” he said.

Earlier, there had been allegations that the city’s fire personnel failed to respond on time and reportedly lacked basic firefighting equipment such as extended ladder and fireproof uniforms.

BED AND BREAKFAST PENSION HOUSE

CITY

DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE

FIRE

FORCE

FOUND

JAN

LIABLE

NUEVA VIZCAYA

SUPERINTENDENT PEDRO MARTIREZ

TUGUEGARAO CITY

  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with