^

Metro

6 hurt in Caloocan fire

Ghio Ong - The Philippine Star

MANILA, Philippines – Six people were injured when a fire, caused by an overheated electric fan, razed a residential-commercial building in Barangay 73, Caloocan City yesterday.

Couples Christopher and Joy Kahulugan and Tomas and Rebecca del Mundo sustained injuries on their hands and legs when they tried to put out the fire. The Kahulugans own the building.

Their neighbors, Darwin and Daniel Paza, were electrocuted and fell from the roof when they tried to help put out the flames.

Fire officers found that the fire was caused by an overheated electric fan on the fourth floor of the building, where the Kahulugans were staying.

The fire started at around 12:44 a.m. and reached first alarm before it was put out at around 1:20 a.m.

The fire affected two families and destroyed P300,000 worth of property, firefighters said.        

AROUND

BUILDING

CALOOCAN CITY

CAUSED

COUPLES CHRISTOPHER AND JOY KAHULUGAN AND TOMAS AND REBECCA

DARWIN AND DANIEL PAZA

FIRE

KAHULUGANS

MUNDO

NBSP

PUT

Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with