Lim makes comeback bid
Ramil Bajo, Rey Galupo (The Philippine Star) - September 6, 2015 - 10:00am

MANILA, Philippines – Former Manila mayor Alfredo Lim will seek his old post in next year’s elections.

His former chief of staff, Ric de Guzman, confirmed that Manila’s “Dirty Harry,” known for his tough stance against crime, will definitely join the mayoral race in response to the clamor for his return “to restore order in their city after it was reported that the crime rate has risen in recent years.”

De Guzman said a group of barangay officials called on Lim, 85, to combat illegal gambling and illegal drugs, especially in depressed areas.

Lim, for his part, said he will seek to restore free education from day care to college and bring down real estate taxes, which he claimed had been increased by more than 300 percent after he left city hall.

He added that he will also bring back the free medical services and medicine offered by all six city government-run hospitals in Manila.

Incumbent Mayor Joseph Estrada, 78, who defeated Lim in 2013, will seek re-election next year.   

ACIRC ALFREDO LIM CITY DE GUZMAN DIRTY HARRY FORMER MANILA GUZMAN INCUMBENT MAYOR JOSEPH ESTRADA LIM MANILA RIC
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with