^

Metro

Fire razes Cubao slum

Reinir Padua - The Philippine Star

MANILA, Philippines -  An unattended candle caused a fire that razed a slum community in Cubao, Quezon City yesterday morning. 

City fire marshal Superintendent Jesus Fernandez said 30 families were left homeless by the incident in Barangay Socorro. 

Fernandez said the flames originated at the house of Raul Mangcosta at the corner of Liberty Street and 5th Avenue. 

Fernandez said an unattended candle at the house, which had no power connection at that time, was the source of the fire, which broke out at around 5:25 a.m. and reached third alarm before it was put out an hour later. 

Fernandez said 10 houses were gutted by the fire, which destroyed properties worth around P250,000.

There was no reported injury or casualty in the incident.

AROUND

BARANGAY SOCORRO

CANDLE

CUBAO

FERNANDEZ

FIRE

LIBERTY STREET

QUEZON CITY

RAUL MANGCOSTA

SUPERINTENDENT JESUS FERNANDEZ

  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with