^

Cebu News

Private surveyor tapped

Caecent No-ot Magsumbol - The Freeman

CEBU, Philippines — With a private surveyor that the City Government outsourced, recovery of the three-meter easement Estero de Parian in downtown Cebu City is expected to speed up.

Retired Gen. Aderson Comar, Cebu City Task Force Gubat sa Baha north river commander, said the private surveyor has already started his task of identifying the exact location of the easement.

“Gi-outsource na man ang pag-survey. Gasugod na sila last Monday (April 29) pa. So, with this, we expect nga mas mapaspas na gyud ning atong pag-recover sa three-meter easement,” he said.

Comar said that once the technical report of the surveyor is ready, affected private establishments can already re-design their structures to comply with the easement rule.

As stipulated under the Water Code of the Philippines, the three-meter distance (easement) from each of the banks of urban waterways should be clear of any structures.

“We are going for a win-win solution para mosunod pud ni sila nato dayon,” Comar said.

He said that they made it clear to structure owners that the recovery of the three-meter easement is “non-negotiable”.

He further said that they envisioned a “Venice canal-like” Estero de Parian, once it is cleaned, while also addressing the massive flooding in the city.

If such a vision is realized, this would be a return to the past of sorts, as the Estero de Parian used to be a passage for trade and commerce during the Spanish Period.

“Ato ng pagwapahan, i-redesign, including their loading bay..But kani, ato na ning mabuhat kung makita na nato kung asa gyud ning mga utlanan, kung asa gyud ang markings sa surveyor nga diha muigo ang three-meter easement,” Comar said.

He said the surveyor did not give a definite date when he would be finished, but the private establishments that are identified as having obvious violations, for structures in a supposedly-no build zone, have already been sent final notices to voluntarily demolish their structures.

“If moboluntaryo sila, ato silang tabangan og guba para mahuman na dayon,” Comar said.

So far, he said, they encountered no resistance from the business establishments, as they know that it is also for their own good.

Besides, he said, the City Government had already reiterated that establishments that refuse to cooperate would not be issued with business permits.

“Katong di mo-cooperate dili tagaa’g business permit. So, they will have illegal operations, mas dako sila’g problema ana,” Comar said.  — (FREEMAN)

vuukle comment

TASK FORCE

Philstar
x
  • Latest
Latest
Latest
abtest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

Get Updated:

Signup for the News Round now

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with