_freeman
^
Mabatid, Dizon in verbal tussle over issue with JOs
Dizon said bigger allocations could be devoted to the programs on free medicines, livelihood, burial assistance, among others, if the number of JOs is reduced.

Mabatid, Dizon in verbal tussle over issue with JOs

Mary Ruth R. Malinao (The Freeman) - June 11, 2021 - 12:00am

CEBU, Philippines —  Cebu City Councilors Prisca Niña Mabatid and Alvin Dizon traded verbal tirades regarding City Hall’s job order workers whose number Dizon believes must be slashed, if necessary, in order to maximize regular workers.

Dizon said bigger allocations could be devoted to the programs on free medicines, livelihood, burial assistance, among others, if the number of JOs is reduced.

The councilor emphasized that since the city is still fighting the pandemic, it is important to use the funds on more important matters such as social services.

The idea, however, did not sit well with Mabatid.

“Sa tanan, ang job orders sa City Hall gyud ang tangtangon? Naluoy ka nga ma-delay ilang sweldo unya di ka maluoy nga mawagtangan sila og trabaho?” read Mabatid’s post.

“To Councilor Dizon, with due respect to you, I challenge you, suroy sulod sa City Hall ug suroy sa mga barangays para makakita ka kung unsa ka-kapoy sa mga empleyado, labi na gyud to mga job orders nga gihimo og frontliners tungod sa pandemic. Ang uban gani kay walay ikapaniudto. Kpila nako nakasugat nila unya ako na lang bangkahan og kaon,” her post added.

Mabatid wrote that a lot have lost their jobs due to the pandemic and the least the government could do is to supposedly provide them jobs.

“You want to convert the budget for job orders to medicines, livelihood and burial assistance? Daghan pa man ta og budget sa medicines. Naa pa gyud Malasakit Center to help the sick. Livelihood and employment kay pareho ra na so sakto lang naay mga job orders. Burial assistance kay naa man sad tay budget ana and so far na-accommodate man tanan nangayo sa city,” the post read.

“Patagaan nimo og importansya ang patay unya ang buhi imong paantuson? Naunsa naman ni oy,” it added.

Mabatid also claimed that the minority bloc, of which Dizon is part, was always “obstructing” to the administration’s projects.

“Siguro, wala ninyo na-appreciate ang mga employees under a job order kay di man mo administration… Frankly, wa gyud mo ka-tabang sa pandemic. Tanang ayuda inyong gibabagan. Maayo na lang majority mi sa konseho. Mao nang nakadawat og ayuda ang katawhan,” she said.

In response, Dizon clarified that what he earlier said was just his “recommendation” during the budget hearing for the proposed P4.4 billion Supplemental Budget 1 last week.

He also noted that Mabatid was not present in that hearing.

“Please know that I was not politicking when I made that suggestion and will never engage such dirty tricks during a city council budget hearing. My track record as a local legislator in the last eight years speaks for itself,” said Dizon.

“Again, may I state that it was only a recommendation. Wala man gyud koy mahimo kung di ninyo dawaton ang akong sugyot kay kamo man ang naa sa administration karon. But I also cannot keep silent nor remiss on my oversight duty especially, involving prudence in the use of public funds. Kons Nina, next time please attend the budget hearings,” he added. — JMD (FREEMAN)

ALVIN DIZON
Philstar
  • Latest
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with