_freeman
^

Cebu News

Zero transmission in 49 barangays for 14 days

Caecent No-ot Magsumbol - The Freeman
Zero transmission in 49 barangays for 14 days
Jeepney drivers undergo a swab test in Cebu City.
File

CEBU, Philippines —  Over half of the 80 barangays in Cebu City did not have transmission of the coronavirus in the last 14 days, the city’s Emergency Operations Center (EOC) report showed.

The report said 49 barangays have had zero transmission.

Cebu City Councilor and EOC chief implementer Joel Garganera said it is the highest number of barangays recorded so far without transmission since the peak of the pandemic.

EOC said the city has still 198 active cases—109 of which have been isolated at the Noah Complex, 23 at the IC3, 17 at the Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center, and the rest in other hospitals and facilities.

The city has recorded five additional cases on December 5, making it the eighth consecutive day of single-digit cases. Also, it logged 12 recoveries.

Moreover, the city recorded more recoveries than new cases for the first five days of December except on December 3 when it had only one recovery against eight new confirmed cases.

On December 1, the city had only one new case, the lowest in 28 days, and 66 recoveries.

It logged eight new cases with 20 recoveries on December 2, four new cases and 23 recoveries on December 4, and five cases and 12 recoveries on December 5.

In terms of positivity rate, Cebu City has a daily positivity rate of 1.27 % for the past eight days.

In terms of positivity rate, Cebu City has a daily positivity rate of 1.27 percent for the past eight days.

“Daily average 6.25 cases and daily recovered cases of 23.25. When daily recoveries are much higher than the positive is a very good sign. Positivity rate of 1.27 percent is very much lower than the WHO threshold of 5 percent,” said Garganera.

To maintain the trend, Garganera reminded everyone to remain compliant with the minimum health protocols, including wearing face masks, observing social distancing and washing of hands.

DOH has also been constantly reminding the public not to attend Christmas parties and even family reunions and other large gatherings to avoid post-Christmas surge.

Health secretary Francisco Duque earlier advised the public to better stay home and be safe from the virus. — KQD (FREEMAN)

EMERGENCY OPERATIONS CENTER
Philstar
  • Latest
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with