Cordova wants to be part in Santo Niño motorcade
Le Phyllis F. Antojado (The Freeman) - October 17, 2020 - 12:00am

CEBU, Philippines — Cordova Mayor Mary Therese “Teche” Sitoy Cho has appealed before the executive committee in charge in the preparations for the 456th Fiesta Sen~or next year to include her town in the route plan for the motorcade.

She made the appeal after Cordova was excluded in the initial plan of the committee on Traslacion motorcade.

“In behalf of the people of Cordova, I respectfully appeal to the Task Force created to plan alternative activities, specifically the Traslacion motorcade for the 456th Fiesta of the Señor Santo Nino de Cebu to reconsider your decision of excluding Cordova this year from the route of the motorcade procession,” Cho said during the 5th Sinulog Security Meeting on Thursday, October 15, 2020, at the Aula Magna Conference room in the Basilica Del Santo Nino Pilgrim Center.

In a post on the official Facebook page of Cordova, the mayor said that the people of Cordova have also suffered emotional stress brought by the coronavirus disease pandemic making people hopeless, thus, seeing the motored Santo Niño passing through their doors would help them “rekindle faith and give hope to the people in these trying times”.

“A visit of the image of our beloved Señor is already a great reminder that God is always with us and will not forsake us; his visit to Cordova will bring hope and inspiration for Cordovanhons to continue to fight and look forward to better times,” Cho said.

In his presentation during the October 8, 2020 meeting, Cebu City Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office (CCDRRMO) officer-in-charge Harold Alcontin showed the initial route plan and it does not include Cordova.

Alcontin’s team had already conducted an initial drive-thru inspection of the proposed routes for the motorcade. The recommended distance for the motorcade is 16 kilometers which will be submitted for approval by the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF).

Cho assured the committee headed by Cebu City Councilor Philip Zafra that the LGU will take care of the security and crowd control if her appeal is approved.

“I pray for a positive action on this humanitarian appeal,” Cho added.

The motorcade is set on January 14, 2021.- FPL (FREEMAN)

MOTORCADE
Philstar
  • Latest
Latest
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with