Mandatory coronavirus test on all LSIs pushed
The plan to test all LSIs came after some non-Manila LSIs were also tested positive for COVID/19.
Philstar.com/Irish Lising
Mandatory coronavirus test on all LSIs pushed
Caecent No-ot Magsumbol (The Freeman) - September 18, 2020 - 12:00am

CEBU, Philippines —  Cebu City’s Emergency Operations Center (EOC) is looking into requiring all arriving locally stranded individuals (LSIs) to undergo a swab test for coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).

At present, only those arriving from Manila are being subjected to a mandatory swab testing.

The plan to test all LSIs came after some non-Manila LSIs were also tested positive for COVID/19.

Currently, 12 LSIs, including two from Hilongos in Leyte, are infected.

“That’s why EOC will be proposing this to the mayor. As it is right now, we are only requiring a swab test from those from Manila, but now all arrivals of LSIs na,” said EOC’s deputy chief implementer and City Councilor Joel Garganera.

EOC has already laid out its plans and proposals on LSIs and is set to present them to Mayor Edgardo Labella.

According to City Health Department’s template, the testing can either be done at the Tinago gym which is very near to the pier, or set up a swab area at Pier 1.

LSIs need not worry as the COVID-19 test is free of charge.

“Makaya man namo. We have enough swabbing kits for free,” said Garganera.

Target for the start of the swab testing for all LSIs will be next week.

Aside from the swab test, all LSIs are also required to undergo the 14-day quarantine.

At least 1,800 LSIs, so far, have returned to Cebu. Majority of them have already completed the mandatory quarantine. — Dicee May Padilla, JMD (FREEMAN)

COVID-19
Philstar
  • Latest
Latest
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with