Nohara said the money intended for the fireworks will be used to help the victims of typhoon Ursula in Kinatarcan Island in Santa Fe. He said the island is one of the mission stations of the Augustinian congregation.
No fireworks after solemn procession
Rowena D. Capistrano (The Freeman) - January 7, 2020 - 12:00am

CEBU, Philippines — There will be no fireworks display after the solemn procession on the eve of the feast of Señor Santo Niño, said Rev. Father Pacifico Nohara, Jr., rector of the Basilica Minore Del Santo Niño.

Nohara said the money intended for the fireworks will be used to help the victims of typhoon Ursula in Kinatarcan Island in Santa Fe. He said the island is one of the mission stations of the Augustinian congregation.

Kinatarcan is one of the areas in the province badly hit by typhoon Ursula last month. Nohara, however, did not divulge how much was the budget of the supposed fireworks display that will be spent to help the typhoon victims.

For the past several years now, the traditional grand fireworks display after the solemn procession had been cancelled to use the money to help the victims of calamity. Nohara said that cancelling the fireworks display will not only help the typhoon victims, it will also save the environment from pollution. (FREEMAN)

SEñOR SANTO NIñO
Philstar
  • Latest
Latest
Latest
Recommended
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with