2 dead in turf war?
Mae Clydyl L. Avila (The Freeman) - May 22, 2019 - 12:00am

CEBU, Philippines — In less than an hour, at least two alleged thieves were killed over turf war in downtown Cebu City on Monday night.

The first victim was identified as Gerald “Dodoy” Maramara Villamor, 20, a resident of Barangay Bulacao, Cebu City.

Based on the initial investigation, Villamor was just standing near a fast food chain on Colon Street, Barangay Kalubihan when two unknown men approached and shot him at around 10:30 p.m.

The victim was able to run a few meters from where he was shot but later on fell to the ground.

After 20 minutes, another man was killed by two unknown men near a pension house on Manalili, corner Legaspi St., Barangay Sto. Niño.

He was identified as Jay “Jay-R” Caruana, 28.

Police Major Joemar Pomarejos, chief of Waterfront Police Station, said that the area where Caruana was killed is a known place where thieves loiter.

“Anha gyud na sila magtambay, mangita og mga target nila,” Pomarejos said.

Pomarejos added they suspect the two victims belong to separate groups of thieves.

On the other hand, Police Major Randy Caballes, chief of Carbon Police Station, said that there are two groups of thieves along Colon, one from Manalili and the other from Borromeo.

They believe that it was Villamor who crossed boundaries first.

Caballes added that Villamor was previously charged with possession of illegal drugs and has served jail time.

Meanwhile, Caruana was arrested in 2016 for theft and involvement in illegal drugs.—  MBG (FREEMAN)

TURF WAR
Philstar
  • Latest
Latest
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with