Big time drug distributor faces charges in court
Mylen P. Manto (The Freeman) - March 18, 2019 - 12:00am

CEBU, Philippines — A 20-year old man, one of the alleged big time drug distributors in Barangay Sawang Calero, Cebu City, is now facing charges in court after the prosecutor’s office has found probable cause against him.

Prosecutor II Aurora Peñaflor indicted Joseph Bacalla alias Sep, a resident of Sitio Punyang, Barangay Duljo-Fatima, Cebu City, for selling and possession of illegal drugs.

Bacalla waived his right to a preliminary investigation and manifested during the inquest proceeding that he will answer the charges directly in court. The prosecutor’s office recommended no bail for his temporary liberty.

Police Officer 1 Daryl Guillermo, one of the arresting officers, said they received information from a concerned citizen that Bacalla was involved in illegal drugs. Guillermo said he was instructed by Supt. Glenn Mayam to coordinate with PO1 Ariel Nuñeza of police station 2 to verify the information.

Guillermo said they conducted surveillance operations against Bacalla since December last year until his arrest on February 20, 2019 during a buy-bust operation. The police seized 778.04 grams of shabu from Bacalla during the operation.

The suspect is now detained at the Cebu City Jail. (FREEMAN)

ILLEGAL DRUGS
Philstar
  • Latest
Latest
Latest
Recommended
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with