Based on the comparative data presentation by PRO-7 director Chief Superintendent Debold Sinas, the number of operations since he assumed his post in June last year, increased to 6,857 from 5,688 in 2017.
Clydyl Avila
Crame hails PRO-7’s “incomparable” performance
Mae Clydyl L. Avila (The Freeman) - February 12, 2019 - 12:00am

CEBU, Philippines — This was the statement of the third highest-ranking police official in the country regarding the performance of the Police Regional Office in Central Visayas.

“Incomparable ang accomplishments sa PRO-7 in the national perspective. It means good leadership,” Deputy Director General Archie Gamboa, the chief of Philippine National Police Operations, told reporters in a press conference yesterday.

He said that PRO-7’s accomplishments stand as a challenge to other regional headquarters.

“I am challenging other police units to be at par, lahi ang PRO-7. The figures will speak for itself. If PRO-7 can do it, why can't other regions do it? I am encouraging other stations to follow a harmonious operations,” he said.

Based on the comparative data presentation by PRO-7 director Chief Superintendent Debold Sinas, the number of operations since he assumed his post in June last year, increased to 6,857 from 5,688 in 2017.

There were 5,281 persons arrested in 2018, slightly lesser than the 5,452 in 2017; shabu recovered this year shot up to P400 million from P300 million; while those who died in police operations increased from 70 to 79 in 2018.

Sinas attributed the accomplishments to the hard work and valor of his men in PRO-7.

Also, Gamboa said not only do the numbers speak for the leadership but also the investigation of high-profile crimes. He said that it is a feat, worthy to be replicated by other police headquarters now that it is nearing elections.

Based on reports, highly followed high-profile cases include the death of San Fernando municipal town councilor Ricardo Reluya Jr., who was waylaid by armed men while traversing Sitio Linao, Talisay City, last January 22.

Ricardo was with his wife, San Fernando Mayor Lakambini Reluya, and Giovanni Perez, Jefer Tolentin, Allan Bayot, and Ricky Monterona when it took place.

Ricardo, Bayot, and Monterona did not make it alive, but the survivors were able to provide enough information to identify the suspects.

The PNP headquarters gave the investigators two weeks to solve the case. PRO-7 was able to meet the deadline, but the case is still considered partially solved.

Since they only identified the gunmen, Jerome Labitad and Felix Abacajan Jr., PRO-7 is still conducting manhunt operation to arrest and unmask the mastermind. (FREEMAN)

ARCHIE GAMBOA
Philstar
  • Latest
Latest
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with