Traffic rerouting on today, tomorrow for Sinulog parades
Jean Marvette A. Demecillo (The Freeman) - January 13, 2018 - 12:00am

CEBU, Philippines — The Cebu City Transportation Office (CCTO) has reminded the public that there will be road closures and rerouting today and tomorrow for the Sinulog sa Lalawigan and Sinulog sa Barangay, respectively.

For today, the seven contingents of the Sinulog sa Lalawigan sa Sugbo will converge at the Provincial Capitol. With this, the CCTO will close the Osmeña Boulevard at 12 noon until the parade is completed.

“Awhag lang nato ang tanang motorista nga mosunod sa rerouting para dili magyagaw. Mangayo pod ta og pasensya sa mga maapektahan,” said CCTO Chief Francisco Ouano.

The affected jeepney routes are those plying Mabolo, Lahug, Apas, Capitol Site, Guadalupe, Banawa, Labangon, among others.

CCTO advised road users to follow installed traffic signs to minimize traffic congestion.

For tomorrow’s Sinulog sa Barangay, there will be 20 participating contingents.

They will converge near Plaza Independencia.

The parade will start along Osmeña Boulevard from Legaspi Extension to Plaridel Extension to Osmeña Boulevard to Cebu City Sports Center. The road closure will start at 10 a.m. until the activity is finished.

Affected jeepney routes are those plying Mabolo, Lahug, Apas, Capitol Site, Banawa, Guadalupe, Labangon, among others.

Sinulog Foundation Inc. Executive Director Ricky Ballesteros said he is excited to witness this year’s Sinulog sa Lalawigan and the Sinulog sa Barangay.

“We only have seven contingents for the Sinulog sa Lalawigan sa Sugbo this year. But nakakita ko sa ilang practices and these are quality contingents,” he said.

As for the Sinulog sa Barangay, Ballesteros said this is the second year that the city is showcasing the feasts of the respective barangays in the city.

He said there are 20 participating barangays for this year’s competition.

Ballesteros said these barangays have quality presentations too compared to last year’s contest.

“Dili gyod kabintahaan ang 20 ka mga contingents sa barangay. I saw some of their practices pod. Dili pa gani complete og props and costumes, nindot na,” he said.

Ballesteros said he is hoping the weather will be fine today and tomorrow for the two activities.

While Councilor David Tumulak, deputy mayor for police matters, said there are already deployed policemen to secure the upcoming events of the Sinulog. (FREEMAN)

SINULOG
Philstar
  • Latest
Latest
Latest
Recommended
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with