^

Cebu News

Osmeña hires ex-LTO-7 chief

Jean Marvette A. Demecillo - The Freeman

CEBU, Philippines - Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña has appointed former Land Transportation Office-7 director Arnel Tancinco as his executive assistant III.

In a phone interview, Osmeña confirmed hiring Tancinco but refused to disclose what would be his official function in the city government.

“We are still finalizing it,” Osmeña said.

Tancinco, for his part, said he is yet to discuss with the mayor his responsibilities. However, he reported yesterday at the Cebu City Transportation Office. He was initially instructed by the mayor and the Human Resource and Development Office to report to CCTO.

“I was instructed by HR to report sa CCTO and approved na ni mayor. Nagkita mi ni mayor but wala ko nangutana sa detalye kay naikog ko,” he told The Freeman.

He said he initially talked to CCTO acting department head Rafael Yap on his responsibilities.

Tancinco said he was told by the mayor to report to CCTO, but no further details yet. As of last night, however, Tancinco was instructed to report to the Office of the Mayor starting today until further notice.

“I’m not at liberty to ask for position man pod,” he said.

Yap, for his part, said he talked to Tancinco on his responsibilities but it would be finalized once he gets back to work.

Tancinco said he was briefed on the new rules and regulations followed by the department.

“Nag pa orient pako nila unsay nahitabo na karon sa traffic and sa mandate pod sa department karon,” he said.

For now, he said Osmeña has asked him to study a proposal of a company on parking scheme to be adopted in the city. Tancinco said the mayor was interested on the idea but there is no procedure yet on how to go about the implementation of the project.

 He refused to give further details pending the approval of the mayor. Tancinco used to serve as the city’s traffic head from 2005 to 2010. He tendered his resignation last month as Regional Director of LTO-7.

Tancinco, whose term was co-terminus with former President Benigno Aquino III, was given until July 31 to keep the position in holdover capacity.

He said he applied for the position as regional director of LTO. But admitted he had slim chance of getting the position. There are seven people, including himself, vying for the position. (FREEMAN)

 

 

PCSO

Philstar
  • Latest
Latest
Latest
abtest
Recommended
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with