BFAR sets aside P33M for fisherfolk in northern Cebu
Jessa Agua (The Freeman) - March 4, 2014 - 12:00am

CEBU, Philippines - More help pours in for fisherfolk in calamity-stricken Bohol and northern Cebu from the state fisheries office.

Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources-7 Regional Director Andres Bojos revealed that the fund for the aquafarm rehabilitation is already available.

Under the seaweed and aquafarm rehabilitation and development program of BFAR, Cebu province particularly the 15 towns and one city in the north gets P33 million while Bohol gets P27 million rehabilitation fund.

“Gi-download sa provincial LGU (local government unit) ang atong assistance which is P33 million. Na-release na ni a week ago. Giayos pa nato ang papeles para ma-issue-han na sila ug tseke para ma-download sa Cebu province ang kwarta,” Bojos told The FREEMAN.

Cebu Governor Hilario Davide III and BFAR Director Asis Perez had already signed a memorandum of agreement.

On March 11, there will be a discussion on the procurement procedures and supporting documents to be attended by the provincial accountant of Bohol and Cebu, Bids and Awards Committee chairman and heads of general services office.

Out of the P33 million assistance for Cebu, P15 million is for seaweeds rehabilitation, P12 million for fish cage/pens and fingerlings, P6 million is for fishing gears and “payaw.”

Work and financial plans for northern Cebu, Bojos stressed, are already in place awaiting the funds for the execution of  the project.

The P27 million for Bohol province, on the other hand, is for seaweeds, fish cage/pens, and fingerlings for aquafarm and marine culture.

Further, Bojos reiterated that apart from this, the assistance in calamity-hit areas continues.

“Ang atong Ahon projects nagpadayon. Sige pa ta’g construct ug distribute sa boats. Adtong diri si President Aquino, nakahatag ta’g 51 additional boats,” he said.

Ahon program, where BFAR shoulders the new construction and repairs of fishing boats, started third week of December and has so far helped around 1,300 fisherfolks in northern Cebu, the most-affected area in Central Visayas when super typhoon Yolanda devastated Visayas last November 8. (FREEMAN)

 

AHON BIDS AND AWARDS COMMITTEE BOHOL BOHOL AND CEBU BUREAU OF FISHERIES AND AQUATIC RESOURCES CEBU CEBU GOVERNOR HILARIO DAVIDE CENTRAL VISAYAS DIRECTOR ASIS PEREZ MILLION
  • Latest
Latest
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with