Under Viva, Julia ready for mature roles and new leading men
STAR CIRCUIT - Ricky L. Calderon (The Freeman) - October 2, 2020 - 12:00am

Julia Barretto is the latest Star Magic talent to transfer to Viva Artist Management. In a Zoom presscon Wednesday, the former ABS-CBN star said Viva presented a very good opportunity for her.

“They laid a very good plan for me and they wanted to help me out. As an actress, I want to seek other options for the advancement of my career,” said Julia who had been with ABS-CBN Star Magic since she started her career.

She said is it always a hard decision each time a person closes a chapter in her life. But she will always be grateful to Star Magic heads Mr. Johnny Manahan and Ms. Mariole Alberto who have been guiding her career since the start.

“I really took time to think and pray before deciding on my options with regards to the direction my career will have to take,” said Julia who added that she is old enough to decide for herself. “But whenever I have to decide on something, I always think of my mom (Marjorie Barretto) who has always been very supportive. She has always told me to decide what is best for me and I always heed her advice.”

Now that she is with Viva, Julia is excited with her line-up of projects. Aside from doing movies, she might also headline an online show. She is also open to the idea of working with other Viva artists whom she has not worked before like Marco Gumabao and Yassi Pressman.

“The transition to Viva was great and exciting. When it comes to working with other Viva artists, hindi naman ako maarte sa kung sino ang makakasama ko. Everything depends on the director, the story and the script. If Viva feels an artist fits a role in a project that I am doing, I will welcome him or her wholeheartedly,” Julia explained.

When it comes to movies, Julia is excited to do more interesting stories. She trusts Viva’s expertise in producing movies and she is open to doing mature roles and interesting team-up with actors.

Despite the recent issue that dragged her name, Julia says she is doing okay. She has a very good support group. She has approached the NBI who is now investigating her complaint.

Julia said she has often been a victim of fake news and felt she needed to put her foot down.

“It’s about time that I make an action to stop it. It really bothers me if there is fake news, not just for me, but for everybody. I’ve had enough, I should stand up for myself. It’s about time that I protect myself. Kailangan ko rin naman pahalagahan ang sarili ko,” she explained.

***

TV5 strengthens its commitment to upholding the highest standard for broadcast news reporting as it launches “Frontline Pilipinas,” the newest primetime evening newscast covering the most relevant headlines locally and around the globe. It will air 6:30-7:30 weeknights beginning Monday (Oct. 5) and is hosted by some of the network’s outstanding broadcasters: Luchi Cruz-Valdes, Raffy Tulfo, Cheryl Cosim, Ed Lingao and Lourd de Veyra.

Tulfo, known as the “Hari ng Public Service” through his radio and television programs, leads the “Frontline Pilipinas” anchor desk. With over two decades of notable work that have helped people significantly, he is well-respected for giving a voice to the voiceless. Joining him is Cosim whose past shows focused on news, public service, and foreign affairs. She was hailed the Best Female News Program Anchor in the 12th Gawad Tanglaw Awards and the Best TV Newscaster in the 21st Golden Dove Awards.

Renowned journalist Cruz-Valdes, admired for her exemplary display of drawing out stories and connecting with her subjects, will be leading one-on-one interviews with key people behind the country’s biggest headlines. Throughout her career, Luchi has received legacy recognitions such as the PMPC Excellence in Broadcasting Lifetime Achievement Award, KBP Golden Dove’s Broadcaster of the Year, and Best Female Newscaster.

Lingao is a veteran journalist best known for his hard-hitting stories on conflict, war, and politics. He breaks down the biggest headlines in “News ExplainED” to help give context to the most pressing news and how it affects us. He has been nominated for the 27th PMPC Star Awards for TV Best Documentary Program Host, two-time Marshall McLuhan Fellow and recipient of the top prize at the First Red Cross Humanitarian Reporting Awards.

Adding pop-culture annotations and tongue-in-cheek humor to the show is de Veyra who will be giving timely commentaries in his segment “Word of the Lourd.” He was a recipient of the Don Carlos Palanca Memorial Award for Literature in 1999, 2003 and 2004.

The rallying motto of “Frontline Pilipinas” is “maasahang kasangga sa pagbabalita, boses ng may alam at may pakialam at balita’t impormasyong dapat malaman.” The show promises to uphold the highest standards of delivering timely and relevant news while providing context to the most important issues that impacts the lives of Filipinos today.

It will dissect breaking headlines in ways that the public can easily digest and better appreciate. The program opens with a main headline and will be supported by stories under the same cluster. Anchors will provide annotations, key visuals, reports and analysis to make the information more inclusive and understandable to viewers.

You can also catch “Frontline Pilipinas” weeknights at 8 on One PH Channel 1 available on Cignal TV.

rickcalderon2005@yahoo.com

JULIA BARRETTO
Philstar
  • Latest
Latest
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with