NCR career assessment suspended
Janvic Mateo (The Philippine Star) - March 2, 2017 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines - The Department of Education (DepEd) ordered a last-minute suspension of the National Career Assessment Examination (NCAE) in Metro Manila this week.

The career assessment, which was supposed to be administered from March 1 to 2, was postponed in all schools in the National Capital Region due to “logistical limitations,” according to a memorandum issued by Education Secretary Leonor Briones on Tuesday.

Delays in delivery of the test materials caused the postponement, Briones said.

Based on the guidelines, authorized forwarders shall deliver the test materials two weeks before the test administration to areas outside of Metro Manila, and five days before within Metro Manila.

The NCAE, which is administered to Grade 9 students to help them choose which track to pursue in senior high school, pushed through as scheduled in other parts of the country.

Briones said the NCAE in Metro Manila will be determined by the regional office and the school division offices.

The career assessment was postponed twice last year, also due to logistical issues caused by the change in the administration.

Last week, Briones suspended indefinitely the conduct of the national achievement test (NAT) and the early assessment for primary students.

The NAT was supposed to be administered on March 2 for Grade 10 students and on March 9 for Grade 6 students, while the early language, literacy and numeracy assessment was supposed to be administered in Grade 3 students on March 7.             

  • Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
Login is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

or sign in with