^

Baguio accepting tourists again

Ghio Ong (The Philippine Star) - April 18, 2021 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines — Baguio City has been allowed to accept tourists again, but only from areas under general community quarantine and modified GCQ.

Mayor Benjamin Magalong asked the Department of Tourism on Friday to allow the city to reopen to tourists, DOT Secretary Bernadette Romulo-Puyat said in an interview over dzBB yesterday.

Puyat said Magalong stressed the need to allow the tourism industry to recover even as he gave assurance that health and safety protocols would be strictly enforced.

Baguio shut its doors to visitors last month after its tally of patients infected with COVID-19 reached 1,000.

In an advisory posted on Facebook, the city tourism office said travelers are still required to sign up at visita.gov.ph to generate a QR coded tourist pass.

A negative swab test taken 72 hours prior to the visit or an antigen test upon arrival is required aside from mandatory triage.

The city government said it would accept only 3,000 tourists per day.

BAGUIO CITY GCQ
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with