^

Skyway Extension’s northbound section ‘structurally complete’

Richmond Mercurio (The Philippine Star) - March 25, 2021 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines — The northbound section of the Skyway Extension project is now “structurally complete,” with asphalt laying scheduled for the end of the month, San Miguel Corp. (SMC) said yesterday.

“I’m happy to announce that soon, we can open the northbound section of the Skyway Extension for our motorists coming from the south,” SMC president Ramon Ang said in a statement.

He said the “almost four-kilometer, three-lane expansion will have an additional capacity of 4,500 vehicles per hour, significantly easing congestion and allowing motorists to bypass the Alabang viaduct.”

Motorists coming from the South Luzon Expressway (SLEX) or the Muntinlupa-Cavite Expressway “can go up the ramp at Susana Heights and directly go to Makati, Manila, Skyway 3, all the way to Quezon City and North Luzon Expressway,” Ang said.

The northbound section, which stretches 3.99 kilometers from Susana Heights to Sucat, is seen to decongest SLEX and Skyway at-grade traffic by diverting motorists straight to the elevated Skyway.

The project was originally set for completion by December, but was affected by delays and work limitations brought about by the quarantine imposed since March last year.

Meanwhile, SMC said the project’s southbound section spanning 3.8 kilometers is already 52 percent done, and is eyed for completion by July.               

SMC
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with