^

3 Intramuros sites now open to visitors

Catherine Talavera (The Philippine Star) - February 18, 2021 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines — Manila’s historic walled city is ready to welcome visitors as it meets the preferences of travelers brought by the pandemic.

Intramuros opened yesterday three of its attractions – Fort Santiago, Casa Manila Museum and Baluarte de San Diego – with limited capacity.

The Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases approved last week the reopening of parks, heritage sites and historical landmarks in areas under general community quarantine.

“With the easing of quarantine restrictions while health and safety protocols remain in place, Intramuros is prepared to welcome back the public to the city’s plazas, open spaces, heritage sites and museums,” Tourism Secretary Bernadette Romulo-Puyat said at a press briefing.

Intramuros Administration (IA) administrator Guiller Asido said a maximum capacity would be implemented in each attraction.

The IA said 100 people at a time would be allowed to enter Fort Santiago and Baluarte de San Diego. Only 15 people or five persons per group at a time will be allowed at the Casa Manila Museum.

Visitors aged 15 to 65 are allowed to visit these sites.

The Rizal Museum, dungeons, Asean Gardens and other sites are not yet open, the IA said.

Visitors are required to download the Staysafe.ph app and sign up before entering the tourism sites for contact tracing.

MANILA
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with