PNPA now COVID-19 free
Neil Jayson Servallos (The Philippine Star) - October 29, 2020 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines — There is no more coronavirus disease 2019 or COVID-19 case at the Philippine National Police Academy (PNPA) in Silang, Cavite.

PNPA director Maj. Gen. Gilberto Cruz yesterday announced that there is no  longer any confirmed case among their 1,098 cadets and 361 personnel.

“In a short period of time... we recovered from the pandemic,” Cruz said in his speech during the inauguration of PNPA projects.

At least 236 cadets and 13 personnel of the PNPA contracted the virus last month.

Face-to-face classes were suspended as 359 cadets were quarantined.

With all the infected personnel and cadets recovered, Cruz said they should “do everything it takes” to ensure that the academy would return to normal.

It has yet to be announced when training and classes would resume.

Cruz assured stakeholders and parents of cadets that measures are being implemented to ensure the safety of everyone at the police academy.

PNPA
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with