5 kids catch COVID-19 in Bulacan, Pangasinan
Ramon Efren Lazaro (The Philippine Star) - July 16, 2020 - 12:00am

BULACAN, Philippines — Five children are among the new coronavirus disease 2019 or COVID-19 cases in Pangasinan and Bulacan.

Two of the three cases recorded in Donya Remedios are one-year-old girls. There are now four cases in the town, which had been COVID-free until July 3.

Bulacan recorded 37 new cases on Tuesday.

Eight were listed in San Jose del Monte City, seven each from Sta. Maria and Malolos City, four from Meycauayan City, three from Marilao and one each from Norzagaray, Baliuag, Calumpit, Balagtas and Guiguinto.

Two deaths were also reported in the province.

There are now 726 cases in Bulacan, with 39 deaths.

In Pangasinan, the provincial health office said three children, aged one, six and eight, tested positive for the virus.

Barangay San Felipe East in San Nicolas, where the children reside, was placed on lockdown.

San Nicolas Mayor Alicia Primicias-Enriquez said the father of the children is the first confirmed case in the town.

Eight cases were recorded in Pangasinan on Tuesday, the highest in one day.

Meanwhile, Calasiao Mayor Joseph Arman Bauzon lamented that an overseas Filipino worker who tested positive for COVID-19 in a quarantine facility of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration was still allowed to travel to the town.

Bauzon said the patient would be transferred to the Pangasinan Provincial Hospital COVID treatment center depending on the result of her confirmatory test.

City hall lockdown

The Zamboanga city hall was placed on lockdown yesterday after an employee tested positive for the virus.

The local inter-agency task force (IATF) chaired by Mayor Maria Isabelle Climaco-Salazar said the closure of the city hall would pave the way for disinfection.

The IATF said the city hall employee is among the seven new cases recorded on Tuesday night.

There are now 342 cases, 146 of them active, in Zamboanga City.

A nurse who returned from Saudi Arabia is the latest case in Baguio City.

In Davao City, Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio said airlines should require passengers bound for the city to provide certificates that they were found negative in swab tests within 48 hours of their departure date. Eva Visperas, Cesar Ramirez, Roel Pareño, Artemio Dumlao, Edith Regalado

COVID-19
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with