Classes in Barangays Ilomavis, Perez and Balabag in Kidapawan also remain suspended.
The STAR/John Unson/File
Classes in quake-hit North Cotabato areas remain suspended
Helen Flores, John Unson (The Philippine Star) - November 19, 2019 - 12:00am

NORTH COTABATO, Philippines — The municipal government of Makilala in this province has extended the suspension of classes in schools where buildings are still being inspected for damage incurred in three powerful quakes that hit parts of Mindanao last month.

Officials said classes in 12 schools in Makilala would be suspended for an indefinite period.

Classes in Barangays Ilomavis, Perez and Balabag in Kidapawan also remain suspended.

Most schools in Makilala and Kidapawan, which were hardest hit by the quakes, resumed classes on Nov. 13.

Meanwhile, the Social Security System (SSS) office in Soccsksargen said the processing of calamity loans for its quake-hit members started yesterday.

The SSS said priority would be given to its members in Bansalan and Matanao in Davao del Sur and Makilala, Tulunan and Kidapawan here. 

As this developed, a magnitude 2.7 quake struck 20 kilometers southeast of Makilala at around 10:07 a.m. It was felt at Intensity 2 in Kidapawan.

State seismologists said the  quake is related to last month’s temblors.

NORTH COTABATO QUAKE
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with