National Capital Region Police Office chief Brig. Gen. Debold Sinas visited the police precinct to supervise the mandatory drug tests.
Freeman Photo
25 Baseco cops undergo drug test
Non Alquitran (The Philippine Star) - November 18, 2019 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines — Twenty-five operatives of the Baseco police precinct in Tondo, Manila, whose four members have been arrested for alleged kidnapping and extortion, were subjected to a surprise drug testing on Saturday.

National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) chief Brig. Gen. Debold Sinas visited the police precinct to supervise the mandatory drug tests.

Sinas also held a dialogue with the policemen to address the needs of the community and assess the delivery of police service to the public.

Brig. Gen. Bernabe Balba, director of the Manila Police District (MPD), said no one among the 25 police officers tested positive for drug use.

Balba said Corporals Nickson Mina, Juan Carlo Guzman and Fransis Mikko Gagarin and Pat. Tom Hikilan, all assigned with the MPD Station 5 beat patrol, were not subjected to drug tests as they remain under the custody of the Integrated Monitoring and Enforcement Group (IMEG) at Camp Crame in Quezon City.

IMEG director Col. Ronald Lee said the four policemen were apprehended last week for allegedly extorting P200,000 from the wife of an arrested drug suspect, Kelvie Panansang.

Sinas has ordered the relief of Capt. Salvador Iñigo as Baseco police precinct commander for command responsibility.

Iñigo was replaced by Capt. Javen Dominguez.

Sinas asked the personnel of the police precinct not to emulate their four colleagues and adhere to his “no take policy” on illegal gambling and drugs.

DEBOLD SINAS
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with