DFA condoles with kin of Pinoy killed in Chicago
Pia Lee-Brago (The Philippine Star) - February 18, 2019 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) on Saturday expressed its sympathies to the family of a Filipino-American who was shot dead in Chicago last month.

The DFA said police are looking into the death of Anthony del Barrio as a possible case of homicide.

Del Barrio’s frozen body was found in Morten Grove on Jan. 20, according to the Philippine Consulate General in Chicago.

The victim’s relatives told ABS-CBN that he went out with a friend and the next they heard about him was from the police.

Reports said the victim died from two gunshots.

Based on inquiries from members of the Filipino community, Del Barrio is a third generation Filipino-American born and raised in the US.

The Consulate General said authorities have yet to identify the suspect.

The DFA said they have requested public assistance for any information that could help in the investigation.

The Consulate General said it has no passport or dual citizenship record of Del Barrio or any member of his family. 

ANTHONY DEL BARRIO SHOOTING
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with