Probe boy’s death in Cebu drug raid, NBI asked
Le Phyllis Antojado (The Philippine Star) - July 14, 2018 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines — The family of a four-year-old boy who died in an anti-drug operation in Barangay Ermita, Cebu City earlier this week has sought the assistance of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). 

The grandmother of Blasden Skyler Abatayo, Celirina, and their relatives trooped to the NBI-Central Visayas office yesterday.

Skyler was with his mother in an abandoned house beside a suspected drug den when he was hit by a stray bullet as drug suspects resisted arrest and reportedly engaged police officers in a shootout.

Dominador Cimafranca, NBI-Region 7 assistant director, said he asked the relatives of the victim to submit the medical and police reports on the incident.

Cimafranca said a reenactment of the drug raid might be conducted. He said concerned police personnel would also be invited for questioning. – The Freeman

ILLEGAL DRUGS NATIONAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with