AFP to Misuari: Face the music
Alexis Romero (The Philippine Star) - August 28, 2014 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines - The military yesterday called on Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) founder Nur Misuari to face the cases against him following reports that the fugitive surfaced in Sulu recently.

“Because of his role in the attack on Zamboanga City last year, Nur Misuari should take responsibility by submitting himself to the rule of law and face the consequences of his group’s actions,” Armed Forces of the Philippines  (AFP) public affairs chief Lt. Col. Ramon Zagala said in a text message.

“As he is wanted by the law, he is subject to law enforcement operations led by the PNP (Philippine National Police), supported by the AFP,” Zagala added.

Misuari and 60 of his followers face criminal charges over the Zamboanga siege that left over 200 people dead and damaged around P200 million worth of properties.

The MNLF claimed Misuari had surfaced in Sulu and led flag-raising ceremonies to reiterate the independence of the so-called Federated States of Bangsamoro Republik.

Misuari was reportedly seen in full battle gear as he called on his followers to fight for their right to self-determination. 

“The AFP is still validating reports of Nur Misuari’s reappearance in Sulu,” Zagala said.

ARMED FORCES OF THE PHILIPPINES FEDERATED STATES OF BANGSAMORO REPUBLIK MISUARI MORO NATIONAL LIBERATION FRONT NUR MISUARI PHILIPPINE NATIONAL POLICE RAMON ZAGALA ZAGALA ZAMBOANGA ZAMBOANGA CITY
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with