Alstra’s end-to-end solutions for energy efficient buildings
(The Philippine Star) - November 30, 2017 - 4:00pm

MANILA, Philippines — Alstra, Concepcion Industrial Corp.’s commercial division, recently gathered industry partners for the first EvoSolution, a technical forum advocating a safer, more efficient and sustainable building industry.

It also promoted its unique end-to-end solutions package that streamlines the building process by ensuring that projects finish on time and less resources are wasted. Alstra’s solutions start from equipment selection, engineering design, project installation and management, testing and commissioning, to periodic maintenance and retrofit services.

EvoSolution, a series of technical forums, provides industry experts and building professionals the best practices and the latest technologies in climate control and vertical transport solutions. EvoSolution forum sessions were held in Manila and Davao last October.

Carrier, Otis and Toshiba are the brands that complement the end-to-end solutions package of Alstra that companies in the Philippines and around the world have relied on for years.

“We believe that joining together as industry players is necessary for a more sustainable path towards the construction industry’s growth. We will also partner with industry organizations in the next EvoSolution Forum,” said Alstra Group director Rajan Komarasu.

“By increasing the awareness of partners and other players on the practices and technologies to address buildings’ energy efficiency issues, EvoSolution helps to ensure that everyone in the industry plays an active role in boosting the country’s growth while also taking care of the environment.”

According to the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), buildings use up 40 percent of global energy. In turn, HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning) systems, particularly chillers, use up 40 percent of the power consumed by an entire building; the remaining 60 percent is consumed by lighting, electronics, and water and heating systems, according to data from the United States Department of Energy. The UNEP also noted that the building sector is the largest contributor to greenhouse gas emissions.

In the Philippines, according to latest numbers from the Department of Energy, the commercial sector accounts for 24 percent of the country’s total energy consumption. The industrial sector accounts for 26.6 percent and the residential sector, 28.2 percent.

“As the country continues to develop, energy demand rises, and so we need to take action to improve energy efficiency in the building sector. EvoSolution is a proactive step in that direction,” Komarasu said.

  • Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
Login is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

or sign in with