AirAsia adds more flights to top domestic routes
Richmond Mercurio (The Philippine Star) - November 17, 2019 - 12:00am

Manila, Phillipines — Low-cost carrier AirAsia Philippines is mounting more flights to three key local destinations to cater to the higher demand this holiday season.

AirAsia is adding more than 100,000 seats from Manila to Davao, Iloilo and Cebu starting next month.

“We are pleased to announce additional services to our top domestic destinations this coming holiday season. The holiday season is a busy time for travellers and we hope that by putting these additional services on, guests are able to make it home to their loved ones this yuletide season,” AirAsia Philippines CEO Ricky Isla said.

The additional flights are open for booking for travel between Dec. 1 to Jan. 31.

AirAsia Philippines operates a fleet of 24 aircraft on more than 500 weekly domestic and international flights from its hubs in Manila, Clark, Cebu, and Kalibo.

The carrier is looking to end the year with a load factor of 90 percent, serving 10 million passengers.

It carried 2.107 million passengers during the period, a 33 percent increase from the same quarter last year.

With the strong passenger growth, load factor increased by nine percentage points year-on-year to 86 percent.

AirAsia Philippines also expanded capacity by 19 percent during the quarter on the commencement of new international routes and an increase in frequency on both domestic and international sectors.

The company is targeting a net income of P2 billion by yearend, a turnaround from previous years’ losses.

In terms of revenues, AirAsia Philippines is expecting a year-on-year growth of 39 percent to P29 billion by yearend.

The family of Rep. Michael “Mikee” Romero through F&S Holdings owns 60 percent of AirAsia Inc. (AAI), operator of AirAsia Philippines, while the remaining 40 percent are owned by Air Asia Bhd founders Tony Fernandez and Datuk Karmarudin Menarum. 

AIRASIA
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with