Entertainment Skinning Left, pagematch: , sectionmatch: 1
Entertainment ( Leaderboard Top ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch: 1

Why Derek Ramsay chose to stay with TV5

Derek Ramsay during his contract signing with TV5 on Tuesday. The actor is set to do a movie, a daily series and a weekend noontime show for the network. Philstar.com/Chuck Smith

MANILA, Philippines – Derek Ramsay remains a Kapatid.

The actor signed a three-year exclusive contract with TV5 on Tuesday. Present during the contract signing were TV5 chief entertainment head Wilma Galvante and TV5 President and CEO Noel Lorenzana.

Derek renewed his contract with TV5 three years after he first signed with the network. It can be remembered that the actor moved from ABS-CBN to TV5 in 2012. 

According to Galvante, he is set to star in a daily series and weekend noontime show for TV5, apart from his ongoing shows “Mac n Chiz” and “Extreme Series: Kaya Mo Ba Ito?”.

She added TV5 also plans on doing a movie with Derek, as well as releasing his 2014 TV movie “Bawat Sandali” on the big screen this year.

Entertainment ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch: 1

TV5 President and CEO Noel Lorenzana and TV5 chief entertainment head Wilma Galvante are present during Derek Ramsay's contract signing with TV5. Philstar.com/Chuck Smith

“For me, in my three years here, never did I think this wasn’t home,” Derek told members of the press, including Philstar.com, during the contract signing.

Derek explained he renewed his contract with the network because “even before I signed up with TV5, they looked into who I am.”

He further said, “I am wired a certain way and they found that and they gave me projects based on that. I’m very happy here. They’ve been good to me.”

Asked if his talent fee for the new contract is more than his previous contract with the network, he said:

You know what, honestly, I’m happy with TV5. I did not demand or ask for anything new in my contract. I don’t see the need for it. I’m still the same Derek.

“I want to know what the network thinks I am worth,” he added.

There were speculations late last year that Derek wanted to return to ABS-CBN. But the “No Other Woman” actor said he immediately “killed” any rumors “na lilipat ako or anything like that.”

“Ang priority ko is, if TV5 wants my services, ibibigay ko sa kanila,” Derek explained.

“I was already prepared na next chapter of my life, do I just do business and leave television? I was already thinking about stuff like that. I was curious about getting into construction. But TV5 wants me here. The three years have been very, very successful. So why not?” he added.

Apart from his shows with TV5, Derek said he wants to work on more movies in the next three years. A number of big screen projects are already in the works. He recently finished a film with director Toto Natividad and is slated to do a romantic-comedy with Coleen Garcia and a project with Kris Aquino and Eugene Domingo.

Entertainment ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch: 1
  • Follow Us:
Entertainment Skinning Right, pagematch: , sectionmatch: 1