The Willie Revillame “puzzle” is solved, thanks to Funfare’s VDPA (Very Deep Penetration Agent) in Novaliches.
The Wil Time Bigtime host kept everybody guessing what his next move would be after he practically bade goodbye to the followers of his TV5 show a week ago, hinting that he was making a big decision which he would announce on Jan. 5 next year.
It’s a big no to speculations that, 1) he would go back to ABS-CBN (“No way,” said an ABS-CBN source), 2) get married (no girlfriend, he said) or take a long rest (because of a bad heart and a bad throat), and 3) quit showbiz altogether and concentrate on his huge businesses (a mall-condotel, a resto, etc.).
There’s even a rumor that he’s buying a TV station (RPN 9 or which one?) and that, too, is just that — a wild rumor.
When Willie announced on his show that where he was standing would be good only until Jan. 5 next year when he would make his “important announcement,” he was really telling the truth.
According to the Funfare VDPA, it’s true that Willie is moving but not out of the Kapatid Network (because his contract with it is good until October next year) but to a new timeslot.
“Willie and his manager, Vic del Rosario Jr., had a closed-door meeting with the Kapatid bosses and they finalized the change in the timeslot of Willie’s show,” said the VDPA.
Wil Time Bigtime usually starts at 6:30 after the early-evening newscast and it goes on and on and on sometimes until way past 9:30 (so many prizes to give away in so many games, you know), pushing back the schedule of the network’s primetime shows (including Enchanted Garden), in the process confusing the televiewers.
So Willie is indeed “transferring”…to a new timeslot.
Added the VDPA, “It’s not clear yet what the new timeslot is.”
Hmmmm, will Wil Time Bigtime be placed at noontime and pitted against GMA 7’s long-running ratings-champ Eat, Bulaga!? Good or bad for Willie?
Meanwhile, let’s wait for Willie’s “important announcement” on Jan. 5, 2013. It better be worth it, ha, Willie!
(Postscript: Actually, Willie will do the farewell edition of Wil Time Bigtime on Jan. 5, a Saturday, and go on leave for three weeks and come back on Jan. 26 [or Jan. 28, Monday] to hold a big celebration of his 52nd birthday [which falls on Jan. 27]. The same event will serve as the launch of his new, reformatted show tentatively titled Wow-Wow Willie presumably at another, new studio, at noontime.)
2012 good year for Pinoy ‘beauty’ bets
A few winners, some near-wins.
So far, so good. Good enough harvest for the year.
Here’s the honor roll, filed by Funfare’s “beauty experts” Felix Manuel, Joey Cezeare, Gery Yumping and Francis Calubaquib:
• Andrew Wolff, 2012 Mr. World first runner-up;
• Stephany Stefanowitz, 2012 Miss Earth first runner-up;
• June Macasaet, 2012 Manhunt International winner;
• Kevin Balot, 2012 Miss International (a transgender contest) winner;
• Ayellee Dasalla, 2012 Miss Humanity International second runner-up;
• Elaine Kay Moll, 2012 Miss Supranational third runner-up;
• Queenie Rehman, 2012 Miss World semi-finalist; and
• Nicole Schmitz, 2012 Miss International semi-finalist.
Now, how will Janine Tugonon fare in the 2012 Miss Universe Pageant set for Dec. 19 (Dec. 20 Manila Time, live on ABS-CBN) in Las Vegas? Stand by.
An actor, TV host, model and Philippine Volcanoes member, the half-Brit/half-Filipino Andrew, 27, lost the title to Colombia’s Francisco Javier Escobar Parra Saturday night (Nov. 24) in England, at about the same time Stephany finished second to Czech Republic’s Tereza Fajksova.
The “beauty experts” noted that the Colombian hunk who plays track-and-field and pole vault is the fourth Mr. World winner of South American origin, after Sandro Finoglio Speranza of Venezuela in 1998, Ignacio Kliche Longardi of Uruguay in 2000 and Gustavo Cabral Narciso Gianetti in 2003.
On the other hand, Andrew (personal choice of Miss World/Mr. World franchise-holder Cory Quirino) is the first Filipino to almost bag the title. Our Miss World bet last year, Gwendoline Ruais, placed also first runner-up in the Miss World contest held in London.
Reported Felix (from New York), “He was proclaimed the winner in the Multi-Media Fast Track Event which automatically advanced him to the semi-finals.”
Sting in Manila circa 1994
It’s Sting’s second visit to Manila when he mounts a concert titled Back To Bass Tour on Dec. 9 at the Smart Araneta Coliseum.
The first was in 1994, also for a concert likewise produced by Renen de Guia of Ovation Productions. It was held at the ULTRA Football Stadium in Pasig City to a sold-out audience. Dubbed as Ten Summoner’s Tales, the memorable musical event also included musicians Dominic Miller (guitar) and David Saucious (keyboards).
At his Dec. 9 concert, Sting will again be joined by Miller and Saucious, plus Peter Tickell (electric fiddle) and Vinnie Colaiuta (drums). Back To Bass Tour in Manila is presented by Smart in cooperation with AyosDito.ph, and BPI-Ayala Malls Amore Visa Card with the support of The Philippine STAR, Jack City, etc, 2nd Avenue, JackTV, The Manila Bulletin and BusinessWorld. (For tickets, visit www.ticketnet.com.ph)
(E-mail reactions at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also send your questions to email@example.com. For more updates, photos and videos visit www.philstar.com/funfare or follow me on www.twitter/therealrickylo.)